Yes, it’s my birthday today. No, I’m not going to tell you how old I am! But I do have a funky new haircut to celebrate – my stylist, Jason, said it makes me look 10 years younger. Hmmm… the jury’s out on that one.
Which brings me to my thoughts on the ideal birthday present for a writer. Below are my top five present ideas – please feel free to add your own.
- A digital pen. Apparently, there is a pen you can write with – on paper – which then converts your scribblings into text in Word! How amazing is that?
- The Kindle, of course (I got mine for Christmas and I just love it). I still read print books, and I always will, but ebook readers have a place in the world and they’re here to stay.
- A netbook. Yes, I have one of these as well (my husband spoils me). So useful for taking to Cafe Nero and ‘working’. Also handy for using on your lap while watching TV.
- A beautiful new notebook. Perhaps my favourite present of all – should have been number 1! Nothing can beat a brand new notebook, and I don’t know many writers who aren’t overjoyed every time they receive one.
- A publishing deal. OK, I guess this is out of reach as a present, but it would be nice…
Happy birthday me!