The lovely Vikki from The View Outside nominated me for the Sunshine Award. I love these awards – they give me pretty pictures for my blog and a chance to write about something a bit different. So here are the ‘rules’ (or my slightly shorter interpretation of them, anyway):
- Write five things about yourself
- Include the award’s logo in a post
- Nominate 5 other bloggers
- Link to your nominees
- Link the person who nominated you
OK, five things about me, me, me…
- I’m married to the most wonderful man in the world. No, really. I am. (Stop blushing, Jez, it’s true.)
- My favourite film of all time is Whit Stillman’s Last Days of Disco, and I can’t wait to see his new film, Damsels in Distress, but I’m pi**ed off because it’s only showing in London, Manchester and Scotland!
- I got 95% in a bookkeeping course with the Open University, only to realise that I hate bookkeeping and as a career choice it’s not for me
- I work as an indexer – when I’m not writing – and this is definitely a great career for me!
- My favourite book, and inspiration for becoming a writer, is Anne Tyler’s A Patchwork Planet. Read it – it’s fab.
OK, now on to my nominees. No pressure to take part, but I nominate:
Marina Sophia http://findingtimetowrite.wordpress.com/
Penelope Hellyer http://penelopehellyer.blogspot.co.uk/
Bev at Salvage Patch http://salvagepatch.wordpress.com/
Gail Aldwin http://gailaldwin.wordpress.com/
Audrey Kalman http://audreykalman.wordpress.com/