Thanks to everyone who read or commented on last week’s list. I found it really helpful to have to my To Do list posted here – I end up with so many scraps of paper in my office that I can easily lose track of what’s really important! First here’s last week’s list and the results:
- Complete my list of September’s short story competitions and post it by the end of the week – Just made it!
- Work on the outline for my new WIP – the sequel to Can’t Live Without – Mostly complete now, just a few plot lines to iron out as I write.
- Think of a working title for above! (Suggestions very welcome) – Happy to report I now have a title for the sequel – watch out for big title reveal coming soon 😉
- Change my media page around so that the most recent items are at the top (duh – not sure why I didn’t do it this way in the first place!) – Done this too – and it was about the most time-consuming of all the tasks as I have to code the table in html!
- Research and write about KDP Select and whether or not it’s worth opting in to – this is for Thursday – Yep, done did.
- Finish my next Fiction Friday story, which is a short story called Parenting Class – themed for back to school time! – Ditto, sorted. Watch out for this on Friday.
OK, now for this week’s To Do list. I’ve got most of my itty-bitty jobs complete now, so it’s a very writing-heavy list for the coming week:
- Complete 6,000 words of WIP
- Make a new spreadsheet to track paperback sales
- Write a post about my sales figures following the free Kindle promotion in July
- Research for a post about blog tours (still looking for more info on this if anyone fancies contributing?)
- Start looking for images and music for my new Book Trailer for Can’t Live Without!
Exciting, huh? 6,000 words is just to get me going – once I can write every day again I’m aiming for 2,000 words a day, five days a week. This is only 4 pages a day, so shouldn’t be so very difficult, right? Right …? Gulp. OK, over to you guys again. What’s on your To Do list this week?
- Writing Competitions for September (joannegphillips.wordpress.com)