Who would have thought my little post about joining the RNA would have had so many comments and such a far-reaching reaction. Over 300 people viewed the post, and it was great to read all your comments, thoughts and suggestions. I’ll be updating that post later with a summary to round things off.
With so much excitement, how did I do with my list?
- 10,000 words of The Family Trap – managed 7,500, which isn’t too shabby
- Update indexing CV and send out long-neglected marketing letters – updated CV but haven’t sent out letters yet (do I even have time for indexing work anymore?)
- Write interview questions for Emily A Shaffer, who is visiting us on her forthcoming blog tour – yes
- Music/book trailer/blah blah blah – what do you think? I’m going to have to shelve the book trailer for a while, I think.
- Write down at the end of each working session what I’ve actually done so I can see where my time goes! – oh, yes – this was a great idea. And it’s surprising just how much I do get done in a working day. I’ll carry on with this, and I call it my ‘did list’. It’s very affirming 🙂
Now for this week’s list:
- 7,500 words of The Family Trap – a more realistic target
- Week 1 of MA in Creative Writing. Did I not mention the MA I’m starting this week? 🙂 Watch out for blog post about it on Thursday
- Research info for a post about the best writing courses to study from home
- Start formatting short story collection when it comes back from proofreader
- Look for cover images for above
- One hundred tiny organising/filing/admin jobs I can’t be bothered to list here …
So, enough to be going on with, I think! How are you all getting on with your lists? A few weeks ago there were tax returns to be done, passports to buy, and lives to change … looking for an update, folks 🙂
- To Do List – 17th to 23rd September (joannegphillips.wordpress.com)