To replace my regular To Do list, today I’m posting my first monthly What’s Coming Up, along with my own personal goals for December. Thanks for all the lovely comments last week – keep them coming, and please direct me to your own To Do lists so I can support you too.
So, here are some of the lovely posts I’ve got planned for December:
- Tomorrow – the official launch of my mum’s first novel, A Grave Inheritance. I’m really excited about this one!
- Wednesday 5th – Insecure Writers Support Group Day. I’ve got a very special post planned for IWSG, all about self-published covers and trad-published authors’ reactions to them.
- Sunday 9th – Samantha March will be here talking about her new book and her self-publishing journey.
- Sunday 16th – Donna Usher joins us on her blog tour, answering questions and posting an excerpt from The Seven Steps To Closure.
- Monday 17th – My Christmas Vlog post and newsletter goes live.
- Friday 21st – Special ebook promotion, details to follow.
Alongside this you can also watch out for a post from my hubby on the psychology of book buying behaviour, some writing advice posts inspired by my MA studies this term, and my reflections on 2012 – my first year as a blogger and author.
So, how about my personal goals for this month? Well, I need to finish the final edit of The Family Trap and get it out to Beta Readers. Thanks to all of you who have offered to help out – I’ll be getting in touch very soon. For the MA I need to finalise my essay question (yes, they make you write your own essay questions at MA level!), complete the essay for this term, and reflect on what I’ve learned from studying the novels we’ve looked at. Lots of people are saying this is going to be the Christmas of the Kindle, so I really want to give some thought to publicity over the Christmas period and maximise sales (any advice appreciated), and I’d like to go into 2013 with a clear strategy for publishing and marketing in place. More on that coming soon.
Whew! Glad I’m only doing this once a month now!
- To Do List – 26th November to 2nd December (joannegphillips.wordpress.com)
- It’s A Family Affair (joannegphillips.wordpress.com)